Under the direction of the Associate Vice President for Student Development and Campus Life and the day to day reporting to the Technical Project Specialist, the Student Applications Developer is responsible for implementing, maintaining, and supporting information systems associated with the Division of Student Development and Campus Life. Responsibilities include management information systems and web-based application services support for Residence Life, Student Conduct and event/organization management.
• Configures applications, develops programs, command procedures and scripts for assigned information systems including but not limited to Residential Management Systems (RMS), student conduct system, OrgSync and 25 Live (shared).
• Participate in the gathering and review of business processes, design analysis, project planning, implementation, documentation, thorough testing and training of end users.
• Using appropriate computer software tools write queries or design and produce reports which support the departments within the division. Analyze data to ensure accurate reporting. Maintain, regularly review, update and grow an inventory of legacy reports, system delivered reports and customized reports.
• Work with the Office of Information Technology to identify application server, network and security requirements as required to support the applications suite.
• Complete tasks as assigned to support the implementation of new technologies. Participate in fit gap and prototyping sessions, configuring systems, testing configurations, setting up tables, importing and exporting data and resolving issues.
• Train department staff and create and update training documentation in the use of various technologies.
• Troubleshoot and analyze system issues, thinking 'outside' the box ability to develop and test various business process scenarios.
• Evaluate the need for and appropriately recommend future system enhancements and additional functionality.
• Maintains integrity and confidentiality in instructional and program operations.
• Establishes and maintains effective communication and cooperative working relationships with university administrators, faculty and staff, government, and private agencies to accomplish the objectives of the University.
• Ensure accuracy in maintaining data base, financial and associated records.
• Represents the University at conference, seminars or meetings as required.
• Serve on ad hoc committees as required.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
Bachelor’s degree in related field or substantial experience in information systems is required. Three years of professional experience in systems programming including SQL, PL/SQL. Demonstrate technical understanding of the principles and concepts behind application analysis, design analysis and implementations. Demonstrate ability to exercise independent judgment and initiative and manage multiple projects and deadlines. Demonstrate ability to communicate and coordinate with all levels of the University community. Previous experience with the RMS (Residential Management System), Banner, HTML, Java, Microsoft Office Suite, Cognos and Crystal Reports a plus.
Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.