MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides vision for and directs: Access Services & Systems, Cataloging, Metadata & Archival Services, Collection Development & Acquisitions and
- Government Documents (6 librarians, 1 professional and 11.5 full-time classified staff, 7 part-time staff and student assistants)
- Serves as the primary liaison to OCLC and Lyrasis.
- Provides leadership in the ongoing implementation of OCLC’s WorldShare Management Services (WMS) system.
- Develops and manages budgets. Serves on the Library Budget Committee.
- Manages human resources, including hiring, training and evaluating Technical Services staff.
- Provides leadership for scholarly communication initiatives.
- Collaborates with the Dean, Associate Dean for Public Services, librarians and staff to plan for facilities changes and improvements.
- Collects and analyzes feedback from stakeholders, including working with faculty, students and staff to evaluate existing library programs and resources, and developing and executing plans for enhancing them to ensure service quality.
- Serves as liaison to one or more academic departments.
- Prepares accreditation and evaluation review reports.
- Participates in a variety of departmental, campus, regional and statewide committees and represents library issues, ideas and concerns.
- Is professionally active in local, regional and national library and information organizations; makes professional contributions, and brings visibility to the Library and to the University.
- Represents the Dean on and off campus when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.