Montclair State University has an immediate need for a talented Policies Writer with demonstrable experience writing Finance and Procurement policies. This is expected to be a 2 to 4 month contract with possible extensions and is located in Montclair, NJ.
The Policy Writer will have experience as a technical writer working with compliance documents, making policy changes, creating documents and document standards, editing existing documents, and is an expert in editing software.
• Responsible for creating policies as part of Finance and Treasury office deliverables.
• Collects and records information gathered through interviews with subject matter experts or written and verbal guidance.
• Completes all phases of the document development and publishing cycle.
• May develop, recommend and implement policy changes.
• Takes direction from Finance controller’s office and technical staff. Translates inputs (The What) into Finance Policies.
• Adhere to, and where necessary, develop, the internal and industry standards and style guidelines to ensure consistent, quality work.
• Advise Montclair State University staff on policy and documentation standards and best practices including structure, format and applicability.
• Ability to analyze existing policies for appropriateness as well as ensure there are not conflicts with other existing policies and procedures.
• Ability to analyze business practices, changes, software and implications to policies.
• Ability to advise on best practices as it relates to enterprise wide policy documentation, standards, structure, publication and maintenance.
• 2+ Years’ experience reviewing and writing policies (writing examples required)
• Experience Microsoft Office products (advanced proficiency, primarily Word)
• Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Instructional Design, Healthcare Administration, or equivalent work experience preferred.
• 2+ years’ experience as a Technical/Instructional Writer, Learning or Communications professional with heavy writing responsibilities.
• 2+ years’ experience with MS Office tools.
• Ability to quickly learn new software applications.
• Accounting, Compliance or Operations policy or operational experience preferred
• Experience with the PeopleSoft 9.2 platform