Building on a distinguished 107-year history, Montclair State University is proud to be a leading institution of higher education in New Jersey. The University’s eight colleges and schools serve over 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students in more than 300 doctoral, master's, and baccalaureate level programs. The University is currently enjoying a period of very significant growth in enrollment, academic programs, capital assets, and reputation. Situated on a beautiful, 250-acre suburban campus just 14 miles from New York City, Montclair State delivers the instructional and research resources of a large public university in a supportive, sophisticated and diverse academic environment.
Montclair State University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution with a strong commitment to diversity. Additional information can be found on the MSU website at www.montclair.edu
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE:
Reporting to Store Keeper 2 will assist with work involved in receiving, loading/unloading, storing, issuing, delivering and recording of Housekeeping supplies and equipment in support of the Housekeeping functional unit.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Unloads incoming shipments from all housekeeping vendors.
• Maintains items in the housekeeping storeroom on racks and in bins, in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
• Acts as a messenger when needed.
• Fills housekeeping requisitions and/or Maximo work requests that are sent in by requesting Housekeeping Supervisors and delivers them as required. Upon completion of work requests, closes work orders appropriately.
• Utilizes various types of electronic and/or manual recording and computerized information systems used by the Housekeeping Department.
• Maintains a continuous and accurate inventory of all supplies in the housekeeping storeroom.
• Assembles new equipment as needed (i.e.: vacuum cleaners, auto scrubbers, janitor carts, etc.)
• Delivers Housekeeping snow equipment, snow melt chemicals, and other materials as needed.
• Responsible for fueling the Housekeeping van and for scheduling routine preventative maintenance with the University Auto Shop.
• Operates forklift as needed. In addition, incumbent is responsible for fueling the fork lift, conducting pre-trip inspections prior to operation, and reporting associated maintenance issues to the Supervisor of Central Receiving.
• Ensures that information is communicated to the Director and Housekeeping Supervisors in a timely and accurate manner.
• Ensures that all staff and customers are treated with respect and courtesy.
• Participates in meetings and planning sessions as directed by the Director.
• Must be able to operate efficiently in a positive team environment.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
This position is designated as essential. The designation of essential requires employees at these 24/7 facilities to be present due to inclement weather situations.
Must possess a valid NJ driver’s license to operate MSU vehicles and preferred current forklift license/certificate; must be able to lift 80 lbs on a routine basis; must have at least 6 months of experience in a variety of related labor skills; must be able to read, write, understand and communicate in English; must have basic computer skills and be willing to learn how to use email, Meeting Maker calendar software, the TMA work order system, and other computer systems and software; must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and holidays as assigned; must be willing to work outdoors. A high school diploma or equivalency is preferred.
O08: $29,377.21-$40,825.39 *NOTE: Salaries for internal candidates are determined by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission’s formula. Salaries for external candidates are determined up to $33,193.27