Reporting to the Dean of University College, the University College Administrator is the chief officer responsible for the budget, personnel, and facilities management in founding of a new College which will be the formal academic home for approximately 2,500 students who are not yet matriculated into a major in one of the University’s other colleges or schools. In undertaking that responsibility, the College Administrator’s core mission is to ensure that the College’s operational infrastructure is well organized and administered to support the work of College personnel and the opportunity for University College students to have access to and benefit from the resources and services of the College.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Management of the proper preparation and processing of all personnel actions for College staff, and maintenance of personnel files;
- Management of the budget of the College, including preparation of the annual budget and monitoring of the budget, and the maintenance of appropriate information and communications with the University’s Office of Budget and Planning and the Division of Finance;
- Management of the business operations of the College, including procurement, equipment maintenance, and facilities repair and maintenance;
- Preparation of briefing materials and agendas for College meetings;
- Maintenance of College records, documents, and files;
- Preparation of various College reports, communications, and correspondence;
- Supporting and contributing to all aspects of University College activities as necessary; and
- Contributing to the creation of a welcoming and supportive environment for University College students.