Reporting to the Feliciano School of Business (FSofB) Director of Academic Advising, the Student Services Academic Advisor is responsible for providing a range of support services to students and faculty advisors in the FSofB.
The Student Services Advisor will work in collaboration with the other professional staff in the McColgan Center for Student Services in the FSofB to provide services related to student recruitment, enrollment, academic advising, retention, and professional development for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in FSofB programs.
The Student Services Advisor will collaborate with MSU counterparts housed in University College, Admissions, Red Hawk Central and the Office of the Registrar. The advisor will actively assist in the development of recruitment, admission, advisement, and retention initiatives, participation in college and university events related to advising, recruiting and other student activities, with some of these events occuring on nights and weekends.
- Provides admission and academic counseling
- Communicates changes in curriculum and admissions standards and procedures
- Provides assistance for students interested in transferring into FSofB programs
- Reviews, evaluates, and processes internal transfer student applications
- Performs outreach to non-registered FSofB students
- Reviews and manages students admitted conditionally to FSofB
- Academically advise new transfers, first semester freshman and students on probation