In the Center for Research and Evaluation on Education and Human Services (CREEHS), the Research Assistant collaborates on projects involving program planning, program evaluation, and applied research. The Research Assistant reports to a CREEHS Senior Research Associate and the CREEHS Director. Multiple positions available.
The Center for Research and Evaluation on Education and Human Services (CREEHS) is a revenue-generating research and evaluation center housed within Montclair State University’s College of Education and Human Services. CREEHS provides independent and objective evaluation, applied research and program planning services to institutions of higher education, community-based organizations, state and municipal agencies, school districts and foundations to assist them in meeting their specific goals and objectives related to education, public health and other human services. The Center also provides training and evaluation capacity building services in related areas.
The vision of CREEHS is to partner with organizations and scholars to plan, strengthen, and sustain the services they provide for the well-being of communities. The Center’s mission is to partner with clients to collect and use data to strengthen their programs and services. We tailor our services to meet the unique needs of our clients and their stakeholders. We provide high quality program planning and evaluation services, applying innovative and collaborative techniques to bridge the gap between research and practice. This includes building capacity and providing hands-on training to individuals who serve the community. Ultimately, our goal is to help our clients use information in ways that improve their programs leading to better outcomes for program stakeholders.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborating with team members to conceptualize, design and plan project work.
• Conducting a range of tasks, including but not limited to:
• Recruiting participants for research and evaluation studies
• Drafting data collection instruments such as surveys and focus group and interview protocols
• Assisting with scheduling and collecting data (surveys, focus groups, interviews, observations, program documentation)
• Entering and managing data
• Assisting with applications to the MSU Institutional Review Board (IRB)
• Analyzing and summarizing qualitative and quantitative data
• Supporting the preparation of evaluation reports, presentations, and project proposals.
• Working with team members to coordinate multiple project components.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
• Management retains the right to add or change job duties at anytime.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
• Bachelor degree in research/evaluation, public health, education, or a related social science field.
• Minimum 1 year of professional experience in research, evaluation, and/or program planning.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
• Strengths both as a team player and a self-starter.
• Strong organizational and time management skills in order to prioritize multiple projects and components.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a wide variety of participants in the Center’s work, including personnel in organizations and agencies inside and outside the university, as well as key stakeholders receiving or participating in the programs we support.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team and with diverse populations.
• Quick learner, flexible and willing to learn new ideas, content areas, and skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and maintain high quality standards.
• Bilingual proficiency also a plus.