Under the supervision of the Assistant Director, the Student Support Specialist is responsible for serving as the primary point of contact to provide high level of customer service serving the needs of the department, student and visitor community within an atmosphere of professionalism and usage of all forms of communication. This role will perform an array of complex and analytical administrative support assignments requiring the use of independent judgment and working knowledge of departmental and divisional rules, regulations, and policies. S/he will also serve as backup support of staff assignments/projects in their absence as directed by management.
• Graduation from an accredited college with a Bachelor’s degree.
NOTE: Applicants who do not possess the required education may substitute experience on a year for year basis.
NOTE: Applicants who possess an Associate's degree may substitute two (2) years of position-related experience for the remaining two (2) years of education.
• Three (3) years of professional work experience in office management, customer service and clerical work in a higher education setting.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in addition.
• Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher, as well as internet and related departmental programs (Simplicity Advocate, Workday, Banner Student and etc.
*NOTE: This is a civil service position. After successfully serving a 4-Month Working Test Period as required by the State of New Jersey, you will then be certified to your position, meaning you will attain a permanent status in this title.
Salary Range: P16: $42,895.85-$60,350.09
*NOTE: Salaries for internal candidates are determined by the New Jersey Civil Service Commission's formula. Salaries for external candidates are determined up to no more than $48,713.93.