The university is currently seeking a temporary building attendant for the Sprague Library. Maintain safety and security of library patrons and equipment during late hours.
• Always checking identification to admit MSU patrons to the library during late night/early morning hours.
• Makes continuous rounds through the building when on duty, to observe activities and ensure safety and security of patrons.
• Oversees student workers with building rounds.
• Takes proper action by reporting problems and/or incidents to University Police and other personnel in the event of an emergency in a timely manner.
• Responds to facilities issues (e.g., power outage, roof leaks) and alerts Facilities personnel as needed.
• Interacts in a professional and courteous manner with library patrons, enforcing MSU library policies.
• Prepares and maintains a log of usage, activities, and problems.
• Provides accurate basic information and directions as needed.
• Follows all established university and library policies and procedures.
• Completes all duties required when closing the building, following all safety and security precautions.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
• Mature person to work overnight hours, 11:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m., from October through May.
• Ability to work at least one to three nights per week, during Final Exam periods in December through May per semester.
• Ability to communicate with department head, University Police and other personnel in writing and verbally, reporting issues and problems which may arise during late hours.
• Ability to ensure all patrons and staff have left the building at closing.
• Experience in police security profession.