To support the mission of the College of Education and Human Services and the Center of Pedagogy by:
1. Providing quality undergraduate and graduate programs for both traditional and non-traditional students; developing professionals in education and the human services who will achieve the College's academic goals and meet requisite professional standards.
2. Preparing educators who:
• emerge with the requisite knowledge and skills to be excellent practitioners within their professions and their communities;
• engage in critical reflection, inquiry, critical thinking, and life-long learning;
• are committed to the moral and ethical dimensions and standards of their professions, including the pursuit of social justice;
• promote learning and growth for all, with respect for social, cultural, economic, and individual differences;
• assume the responsibility of being stewards of best practice within their profession;
• understand their role in preparing and supporting individuals and groups to be active and critical participants in an emerging political and social democracy.
• Provide clerical support for OCI staff (e.g., make copies, arrange offsite print jobs, oversee filing, manage mail, and determine what supplies need to be ordered).
• Manage student assistants' schedules and assignments.
• Greet OCI visitors and provide "back up" reception for Teacher Education Student Services when main receptionist is not available.
• Reserve space for all OCI events (info sessions, orientations, certification workshops) and assist with OCI events (info sessions, orientations: running sign-in table, specs for rooms, table signs, equipment, materials)
• Manage all aspects of cooperating teacher logistical support services, including:
- New cooperating teachers' orientation to the Teacher Education Program and work with the MSUNER to help them become clinical faculty & take advantage ofMSUNER professional development.
- Ongoing communication to cooperating teachers throughout the semester via email blasts and individual communications
- Cooperating teacher payments, professional development certificates, and recognitions Cooperating teacher data in all teacher education databases.
- Phone and email queries
• Oversee the Teacher Education Program Canvas site, including trouble shooting, assisting staff, ensuring content is current and accurate, posting announcements, and managing enrollment.
• Manage Office of Clinical Internships calendar and provide calendar information (e.g., key events, deadlines, dates) to colleagues and students as needed.
• Oversee Clinical II Student Survey - survey maintenance, sending to students, making sure every student completes, assembling the data, reviewing the data with staff, using data to make changes Clinical Internship Application.
• Maintain records such as Mantoux test results, Clinical II grades, Clinical II absences, electronic versions of all teacher education-related work programs.
• Oversee Verification of Program Completion Forms for all MSU alums (all cert areas, not just teacher education-this is a task done for JR)
• Assist with the assembling of materials for the NJ Distinguish Teacher Intern Award
• Compile data for PEDs and Title II - provide data on Clinical II as required (2x year)
• Develop a working knowledge of certification Information.
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Management retains the right to add or change job duties at any time.
• Degree from an accredited college or university
• Personable, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Exceptional organizational, analytical and teamwork skills.
• Demonstrated understanding of excellent customer service.
• Proficiency in Microsoft: Office applications
• Ability to multi-task, organize and prioritize multiple tasks, and work independently in a professional setting
• Reliable, responsible, confident and welcoming of the opportunity to make suggestions, contribute ideas and get involved in the Office of Clinical Internships and the Center of Pedagogy.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and other sensitive information.
• Experience in a higher educational setting student services experience a plus.
• Knowledge of Banner, Qualtrics, Google Drive and TK20